|Genre||Survival, Real-Time Strategy (RTS)|
|Release date||May 29, 2019|
December 8, 2018 (Pre-release)
(Steam - Store)
|“||Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.||„|
|~ Robert E. Howard|
Conan Unconquered is a survival RTS game by Petroglyph Games, creators of Star Wars: Empire at War, Grey Goo and other games. It was released on May 29, 2019.
Set in the Conan the Barbarian universe, your city is under endless siege from the forces of Hyboria. You must gather and manage resources, build up your army, and research new technologies to survive wave after wave of assault from the savage hordes, and remain unconquered.
Description[edit | edit source]
From the Star Wars: Empire at War and Command & Conquer veterans at Petroglyph comes the first-ever strategy game set in the barbaric world of Conan the Barbarian.
Conan Unconquered is a strategy game set in the barbaric world of Conan the Barbarian where you must build your stronghold and assemble an unconquerable army to survive the savage hordes of Hyboria. Wave after wave of increasingly more difficult enemies will rush at your gates and you will need to manage resources, research new technologies to advance your defenses, and recruit an ever-growing army if you are to save survive utter destruction.
You can choose to play the game entirely alone in single-player, but Conan Unconquered can also be enjoyed in full two-player co-op allowing for a truly unique, shared multiplayer experience. Players share a base, but both can freely construct new buildings and amass an army to reach their common goal.
Similar to games such as They Are Billions, the enemy hordes will keep coming at you and how long you can resist the invasion depends entirely on your ability to build your stronghold and lead your army. Gameplay is real-time, but you can also pause at any time to issue commands and start construction of new buildings. Battles will be bloody and savage with players having to deal with anything from fires raging through their stronghold to piles of corpses spreading death and disease.
The savage horde is at your gates. Will you fall or will you remain unconquered?
Features[edit | edit source]
Languages[edit | edit source]
The following language are available with interface and subtitle support:
- English (full audio)
- Portuguese - Brazil
- Simplified Chinese
General[edit | edit source]
- Gods - among others avatars.
- Single-player, Online Co-op.
- Digital comic book adaptation of Black Colossus, which Conan Unconquered is based on.
Steam[edit | edit source]
Technical[edit | edit source]
- Unreal Engine 4 (for the frontend/client).
- Denuvo Anti-Tamper (anti-piracy protection, 3rd-party DRM).
Deluxe Edition[edit | edit source]
In addition to the base game:
- Kalanthes, a spell-casting hero unit.
- King Conan hero unit. (Note: this is a skin for the Conan hero unit, not an additional hero unit.)
- Digital game soundtrack.
- Exclusive Conan Unconquered eBook by Scott Oden, based on the original Conan short story Black Colossus.
- Scott Oden described it as "a 9000-word story called (aptly) "Conan Unconquered", set during the events of "Black Colossus" and incorporating REH's own Yaralet fragment."
The Deluxe Edition Upgrade allows you to upgrade from the Standard Edition to the Deluxe Edition.
System requirements[edit | edit source]
Version history[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is a likely scenario Funcom will release additional content for free.
- There are no plans for the same kind of nudity that Exiles has
- A console version is currently not planned, as RTS controls are hard to mimic on consoles. It is possible the developers will try to create a prototype for internal testing in the future, because the console may be capable of handling the gameplay.
- The developers have some ideas for DLCs, but they are focusing on the main game currently.
- So far, modding support has not been mentioned.
- The original prototype, before they met up with Funcom, was based on a fantasy generic. There would have been creatures and magic. The concern was how well the RTS, with survival elements, would fit in a fantasy setting.
- It takes inspiration from They Are Billions and Frostpunk.
- The game is inspired by the Black Colossus story.
- Cross-game rewards for Conan Exiles are currently not planned.
- Age of Conan implemented an 'Unconquered Mode' to celebrate the game. Players must survive as long as possible and will receive rewards as they progress.
- Originally, the game was set to release on May 30. However, on May 24, this changed to late afternoon on May 29.
- The final preview, an unscheduled reveal announcement and trailer came out on December 8 at 10 AM PST during the Kinda Funny Games showcase Twitch stream. A countdown on the website conancountdown.com had indicated this stream's approach. After some time it no longer redirects to its Steam Store page, but is now its own website.
- Other info:
[edit | edit source]
Media[edit | edit source]
- See also: Conan Unconquered/Media.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Conan RTS career
- Twitter - January 22, 2019
- Official Conan Unconquered Discord - May 28, 2019
- Scott Oden, Twitter - May 28, 2019
- Scott Oden, Wordpress - May 29, 2019
- "Conan Unconquered" TwitLonger - May 28, 2019 (Scott Oden, Twitter - May 28, 2019)
- https://www.redeye.se/company/funcom/583384/funcom-diversification-plays-out "Funcom: Diversification plays out" RedEye - June 5, 2019]
- A Deeper Look at Gameplay (direct link
- Twitter - May 13, 2019
- "No plans for an Xbox version" Variety Friday (chat) - May 24, 2019
- Subnation interview
- nerd4life interview
- "Press release: Funcom has announced a new game, Conan Unconquered" Funcom (PR) - December 10, 2018
- Fanbyte interview
- Q1 2019 Financial Report
- Jens Erik, Funcom Forums - April 24, 2019
- Twitter - March 21, 2019
- "Conan Unconquered to launch early, system requirements released" Funcom (PR) - May 24, 2019
- Funcom: Rui Manuel Monteiro Casais, CEO & Stian Drageset, CFO presents at Redeye Early Bird